- January 30, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Courses
Managing Stress through Resiliency
Resiliency is the ability to recover from setbacks. People with high levels of resiliency tend to experience both the highs and lows of life without feeling overwhelmed, sick or defeated. Even though resiliency is a competency shared by many of the world’s happiest, healthiest, and most successful people it is not their special “secret sauce”.
As this workshop will explain, resiliency is a life skill accessible to all of us. No special skills, knowledge or past set of experiences are required. To develop this valuable skill set, we need only to choose it and embrace it for ourselves.
Through this workshop, participants will:
- Understand life presents us with a variety of choices every day. Resilient people recognize they may not have power over everything but they always have a choice to manage their thoughts, attitudes, and actions.
- Distinguish between living a contented life or one full of satisfaction. Choosing to develop one’s resiliency can lead to a better life.
- Learn how our bodies and emotions are programmed to react to risks, challenges, conflicts, and other difficult situations. By deciding in advance to respond (and not react) to such advance, we can avoid negative emotions and physiological consequences, creating sustainable improvements in our wellbeing.
- Identify the three skills we can all harness to build resiliency. We will discuss and practice techniques that, when implemented into our everyday lives, will help each of us grow these skills and build our resiliency.
- Leave with knowledge, self-awareness, tools, and other resources that will build their resiliency and ability to savor life.