- January 22, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Courses
This workshop is designed for managers, supervisors, and anyone with direct reports. It is a practical review of managers’ and supervisors’ roles and responsibilities for managing absence in the workplace.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Clarify their roles and responsibilities when a direct report is absent from work. Review practices that will help them provide appropriate support to employees.
- Consider the different types of absence that may occur in the workplace. Whatever the cause – i.e. sickness, failure to report for work, family sickness, an emergency, serious medical conditions or other – they will recognize the value of being prepared and ready to respond effectively when an absence occurs.
- Understand how to apply the employment contract, collective agreements, internal policies, and guidance from external authorities appropriately to these situations. Determine best practices and related resources for managing different types of absence.
- Learn how to effectively manage absences resulting from disability, including requests for accommodation.
- Understand the benefits of detailed absence reporting and tracking. Through exercises and take-away templates, consider how their organization could analyze absence data and trends to reduce unnecessary stress, improve service levels, reduce costs, and ensure success for all.
What Pro-Results brings to this workshop:?
Pro-Results has been providing HR consulting and training in New Brunswick since 1986. Prior to joining the Pro-Results team, our six members worked and lived in communities throughout the province, as individual contributors and leaders in a variety of industries.
Through our education and experience we assess the needs and challenges of each of our clients, with a goal of helping them move forward. We have mediated dozens of interpersonal conflicts in New Brunswick workplaces and delivered hundreds of group workshops throughout the province.